Who is Rho?

Hi all! My name is Rho Keppley and I am a double major in Psychology and Theatre Performance. I am from Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania. I am also a freshman here at Bloom and I'm excited to work with all of you this coming semester. I hope to be a therapist one day in the future, but theatre has always been a passion of mine.


 A particular favorite style of theatre that I love to perform is Shakespeare! I participate in an outdoor Shakespeare production every summer, in past years I have been in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night, and The Tragedy of Richard III. This picture is of me from when we did Twelfth Night, where I played Antonio! The organization that supports these Shakespeare plays is called Schuylkill Free Shakespeare, and they put on free-to-see performances in Pottsville, Pennsylvania every summer, the only thing you need to bring to come see it is a chair! It's a great experience and I completely recommend going to see a performance of Shakespeare play at least once in your life. 




I also do not limit myself to just plays, as I participated in many musicals through high school and with local community theatre organizations. In my senior year of high school, I played the female lead in Singin' In The Rain. Working with so many different types of people and theatre organizations has been incredibly rewarding, allowing me to see life from so many different perspectives. I have gained friends from all ages, all backgrounds, and all different levels of experience, and I have loved learning from each and every one of them. 



I also enjoy crocheting, dungeons and dragons, and playing the flute in our university's marching band in my free time.  A couple of my more recent crochet projects include a large octopus, with a wingspan of almost 6 ft, a pikmin with my boyfriend's favorite flower on its head for my boyfriend's birthday, a sweater that I made for my cat, that he loves with all of his heart and I definitely do not force him to wear it. I picked up crochet as a hobby over quarantine in 2020, and it stuck with me ever since!







Now onto marching band! I have been in the marching band in some way, shape, or form since the 7th grade, participating in my high school marching band, and even becoming band president and field captain my senior year of high school. My high school's band was quite small, only being around 25 people at the highest that I saw it, so being at Bloom, and getting to be in such a large band with such passionate individuals is incredible. 

















Comments

  1. It seems like such a great experience that you have had the chance to be a part of the plays and musicals that you've performed in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super coooool to love Shakespeare. And I once participated in The Tempest. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning more about your array of interests. Such great photos to show what you're telling us. Thanks for sharing. The crocheted octopus looks impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Victoria Rodriguez?

Who is Katie Sharkey?

Who is Reese Harmon?