Who is Leah?

 My name is Leah Kale. When hearing that name it sounds like a simple and regular name, one you'd think doesn't mean much more than what you hear. In reality, Leah is a name that comes from a Hebrew origin meaning delicate or weary. Kale is a bitter vegetable that is usually only liked when it has a great amount of seasonings or sauces, or liked by those that have acquired a taste for it. So clearly, the two meanings of my respective names are very contradicting of one another but can be argued that it describes me perfectly. 

Spring Grove's Leah Kale (22) prepares to shoot and score on a corner three during the first quarter of a non-league basketball game against Chambersburg on Wednesday, January 4, 2023, in Jackson Township. Kale scored a game-high four 3-pointers to help the Rockets win, 57-45.

 To go with my last name, I play basketball which is a tough and gritty sport. Some dislike it, just like my last name, as it moves too fast and can sometimes be difficult to understand. Others love that thrill and is the reason they play and watch the sport. I am one of those people. I have played ever since I was little, as did both of my parents and my older sister. In high school, I led the men's and women's league two years in a row for scoring. I finished my career as player of the year for my respective league and a 1000 point scorer. I decided to come to Bloomsburg to play collegiate basketball with my sister, who was also player of the year and a 1000 point scorer. Together, her senior year and my sophomore year, we won our league, our county, and our district, finished 3rd in the state, one game away from winning it all and having a perfect season. That was a main reason I decided to come to Bloom, I have big dreams of hopefully repeating those successes at the college level. 

Apart from that side of me and tapping into my delicate side associated with my first name, I am someone that enjoys to read and travel. The genre of the book does not matter to me as I tend to find interest in a lot of different topics. For traveling, I was fortunate enough to get to go to Italy this summer, we visited Rome, Sienna, the Vatican, Venice, Florence, Lake Como, and Milan. One day I hope to go back and see the coast of Italy, so I can experience a day at the beach on the other side of the world in an Italian country. 

But to tie both of those sides of me together and look at me as a whole, I am a very family and friend oriented person. Going and sitting outside and reading with my mom, or going to shoot with my dad and sister is something I wouldn't trade for the world. Those people are who shaped me into the person I am today, as they are the ones who gave me my first and last name. 

Comments

  1. Florence is a particularly beautiful city with incredible gelato. I'm a big fan and sometimes feel nostalgia for some incredible lasagna I had there once. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Victoria Rodriguez?

Who is Katie Sharkey?

Who is Reese Harmon?