Who is Emily?


     Hello! My name is Emily Miller. I spend a lot of my time weight lifting and focusing on fitness. I have been weight lifting since 2019, but have been active for most of my life. I follow more of a hybrid training approach, I weight lift mostly but also include body-weight challenging exercises, like calisthenics, along with some cardio, mobility, and functional movements. 




My love for fitness I like to think stems from my gymnastics career, which was a big portion of my life, and cheerleading that I switched to in high school. Even though I switched to cheerleading, I coached gymnastics from when I was 14-17 years old year round. Cheerleading allowed me to still tumble, which I enjoyed the most as floor was my favorite event.  It was a switch from throwing myself around (whether on the bars, beams, or floor), to throwing my teammates instead. It also let me become more involved in my high school, as gymnastics was separate from it and we didn't have a team at my school. After high school I decided to join the Army.

 I was conflicted between whether I should go to college or the army, so I did both by joining the Army National Guard. I now serve as a medic on the weekends and live my college student life during the week.That is until this summer, where we will be getting ready to deploy to the Horn of Africa for 9 months. The medic experience will hopefully help me gain a unique kind of knowledge in medicine, and I will continue afterwards my studies as a nursing major here at Bloomsburg! :)



Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading about your weight lifting because I have started to get more into it as well. I feel like this is because I miss the constant exercise I had while playing sports in high school, which I am sure you understand with cheer and gymnastics. Also, did you get to choose your deployment? If so, what made you choose the Horn of Africa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great intro into who you are. I love that you played with some color and thought about your pictures and text together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Victoria Rodriguez?

Who is Katie Sharkey?

Who is Reese Harmon?